SYLLABUS FOR BUSINESS TRAINING SCHOOL (TWO (2) YEARS PROGRAMME)
The basic structure of the syllabus is:
MEMBERSHIP THROUGH EDUCATIONAL ROUTE:
- Foundation level entry qualifications: G.C.E/S.S.C.E/OND holders in any discipline.
- Intermediate level entry qualification: Foundation/HND/BSc
- Professional entry qualification: Intermediate result
Our Educational Route membership Stages:
- Foundation Level
- Intermediate Level
- Professional Level
Successful completion of the three (3) levels will qualify candidates for the following certificates:
- Certified Business Consultant, this is to be awarded by ICBC USA and
- Associate membership of the Institute.
Objectives of ICBC Nigeria Business Training School
- To inculcate business ideas in the minds of young persons with the aim of grooming them to become entrepreneurs by means of examinations and other methods of assessment to test the skill and knowledge of persons desiring to become a business consultant as well as joining the respectable professional body.
- To promote professionalism in all aspects of businesses.
- To promote and develop entrepreneurial skills that will foster and maintain business training and research in the economy.
- Developing and applying business skills to encourage, increase, promote knowledge, and exchange information and idea.
- To train all willing able men and women in all aspects of business management which will result in growth in economic activities that will further boost the country’s GDP.
- Creating and promoting training centers in all states and local governments in Nigeria for regular training of the individual, corporate, and government agencies personnel for efficiency and capital development.
(a) Foundation; this is the stage to introduce the candidate to business and to the environment in which it operates, in managerial, legal, and economic terms.
Course List for Foundation Level
ICBCF-101 Accounting I & II
ICBCF-102 Computer Fundamentals & Applications
ICBCF-104 Business Statistics
ICBCF-105 Business writing (Communication skills level I & II)
ICBCF-106 Data Management
ICBCF-107 Business Mathematics with applied calculus
ICBCF-108 Business law
Successful completion of this stage qualifies candidates to progress to the Intermediate level.
(b) Intermediate level: No student will be permitted to enter for the intermediate stage unless he/she has passed or has been exempted from the foundation examinations.
Course Content for Intermediate Level:
ICBCI-201 Business Analysis
ICBCI-201 Economics for Business
ICBCI-203 Strategic Marketing Decisions
ICBCI-204 Introduction to tax
ICBCI-205 Business Strategy
ICBCI-206 Case study
(C) Professional level: No student will be permitted to enter for the Professional stage unless he/she has passed or has been exempted from the intermediate examinations.
Course Content for Professional Level:
ICBCP-301 Decision Management
ICBCP-302 Financial Strategy
ICBCP-303 Entrepreneurship studies
ICBCP-304 Product Branding & Packaging
ICBCP-305 Case study
Elective Course for Project:-Candidate to choose only one course relating to their area specialty below:
- Introduction to Energy Management (Oil and Gas)
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Business Plan
- Business Ethics
- Team and Collaboration
- Business Software Application
- Program Principles
- Introduction to Hospitality Management, Agriculture, Trade, Craft, Politics, Artisanship
- Introduction to Real estate
- Principle and Public Administration